Organic Shea Butter
- Use Raw. Just take a dime amount in your palm and rub it all over your skin. The warmth from your hands will spread the butter all over, and deeply moisturize. Perfect for these extra dry winter months.
- Deep Conditioning Treatment. Gently, and slowly melt your organic shea butter in a pot on your stovetop. Use the liquid organic shea butter in your Ayurvedic hair recipes, by adding the liquid to any henna, or herbs you use and mix well. A small amount of liquid goes a long way. Use this recipe as a deep conditioning treatment. Leave on your hair 30 minutes to an hour. Wash out throughly. It is a heavy moisturizing treatment so extra shampooing may be needed.
- Whip your shea butter up! Soften your organic shea butter in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, or by placing it in a bowl and then floating it in a bowl of hot water. Using your softly melted (not liquid but softened only) shea butter add hair oils of your choice (cold pressed, and organic olive oil, grapeseed, golden jojoba, camellia, and argan oil are amongst the favorite oils used), and a choice of essential oils (such as organic oils of sweet orange, tea tree, lemongrass, rosemary, lavender, and clary sage are amongst the favorites essential oils used) blend with a hand blender thoroughly for 4-5 minutes or as desired. The more you blend/whip your shea butter recipe the more air your butter will get into it, making it more fluffy. The amount of time you blend is completely up to you, and your preference. For every 1 ounce of shea butter, you can add 1/2 tsp of hair oils, and about 2-3 drops of essential oil.
- Foot Treatment. Use your organic shea butter raw, and rub a thick layer all over your feet, including soles. Cover with a sock, and sleep with a this treament on overnight. In the morning, remove your socks, and shower as usual to remove excess butter. Heals cracked feet, and leaves feet feeling refreshed, nourished, and silky soft.
- Raw, Dry Skin Spots. Use raw to apply a thick layer on dry, and raw skin areas. Allow to deeply penetrate, and leave on either all day if comfortable for you, or as deep overnight treatment.
- Hair Sealant. Using melted liquid organic shea butter, or whipped shea butter, apply onto your hair as a leave in moisturizer. If this is too heavy for your hair, you can also just treatment dry, damaged areas, and ends. Use to seal, and hold your protective hair styles.
- Yes! Heat is ok. Can be used with heat treatments and styling.
- Scalp Soothing, and Healing. Organic shea butter will soothe, and heal irritated and inflamed scalp conditions.
- Perfect for all hair, and skin types.
Quantity: 1 lb/454 grams/16 oz
Ingredients: Village made Certified Organic Shea Nut Butter and Certified Organic Rosemary Extract (preservative)
DIY Beauty | R...
Very good butter
Posted by Lynnell on 16th Sep 2016
The butter arrived in a timely fashion nicely packaged and fresh. It melted in my hands and has the nutty aroma were told to look for, and it's resonably priced. I will be back when I run out.
Why did I wait so long?
Posted by Robin on 3rd Apr 2015
I have fine hair and so I don't like to use heavy products on it. After all these years I finally decided to try raw shea butter. My goodness. I realized I could melt it down and use it as an oil. This stuff is the bomb. As I type I have a mixture of this shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil and jojoba oil, lavender and clary sage oil in my hair as a hot oil treatment. (I discovered that clary sage and lavender smell exactly the same except clary sage is a bit stronger) I used the warm setting on my stove and slowly heated all the ingredients.
I have also made a body butter with this by basically using every oil in my house and whipping it with the shea butter. It has cured my dry feet. I seriously have tried everything and this works. My skin feels like silk and it has a sheen that i've never seen before. My husband loves it and won't use store bought lotion now, lol.
I have been ordering from Henna Sooq for some time now and they have ALWAYS been excellent in their service. From quick shipping to quickly answering any emails that I sent. Thank you Khadija for your wonderful products. Keep up the good work. You have a loyal customer here.
Posted by Unknown on 13th Oct 2014
Works well as a base for my homemade products
Wow...my hands feel amazing!
Posted by Unknown on 10th Oct 2014
I just received my shea butter in the mail and rubbed a dab of it on the backs of my hands...wow! My hands are so freaking soft. I can't wait to try it out on my hair. I am really pleased with my purchase.
Simply the BEST..... Super Moisturizing
Posted by Justice Jones on 11th Jun 2014
I received a sample of this Shea Butter and all I can say is WOW..... when I create my hair butters and deep skin moisturizers this is the She Butter that I will be using. It blends so well and has such a wonderful creamy texture. the moisturizing capabilities are absolutely amazing and I'm definitely hooked on it. I can't wait to create my hair and skin concoctions after summer. this is the BEST Shea Butter I've ever used.
So THIS is real Shea Butter
Posted by Allison on 20th May 2014
Don't be fooled by the imitators out there - this here is the real stuff and using the real stuff makes ALL the difference in the world to creating some of your own shea butter enriched pomades and conditioners. I'll be using Henna Sooq as my only source from here on out. I used half of my first order to create a wonderful, oil enriched whipped body butter that is just making my dry skin glow. I've been sharing it with family and they are all in love with it. Won't be long before I have to mix up a new batch. My next project is to make some hair conditioner/moisturizer.
Great moisturizer for sensitive skins and hair :)
Posted by Carly on 24th Apr 2014
I just started using henna and have been exploring more of henna sooq's products. This is amazing. I cover my whole body with it, and my skin feels so soft afterwards. I've always had problems finding a good moisturizer due to my sensitive skin, and this does the trick.
I also put it in my hair, and my hair feels wonderful. :) Just remember to follow the directions and melt your shea before you put it in your hair. Otherwise it's too heavy on the hair and leaves it a little oily.
Best Shea Butter Ever
Posted by Susan on 25th Mar 2014
This shea butter is the best I ever used. It's smooth, creamy, applies with ease and smells very fresh! I know I'll need more soon. No more yellow shea butter for me. Excellent quality.
Posted by Virginia on 11th Jan 2014
I'm so happy to finally see shea butter here. I wish it were sold as a product alone :)