Indigo Powder for Hair is a natural plant. The powdered leaves have a natural dark blue dye. Indigo is used along with henna to dye darker hair tones.
What color tones will you achieve?
- reddish brown when using proportions of 75% henna and 25% indigo. This method is called a one step process.
- brown tones when using proportions of 50% indigo and 50% henna. This method is called a one step process.
- dark chocolate brown tones when using proportions of 75% indigo and 25% henna. This method is called a one step process.
- Black Tones when you use henna first at 100%, and then second step of indigo at 100%. This method is called a two step process.
- Apply indigo with your henna application to get browner tones. This method is called a one step process.
Instructions and recipes can be downloaded via the Instructions tab.
Our indigo is packaged in double plastic bags inside of foil packaging. This ensures freshness.
Please note: this indigo differs from our organic indigo. They are from two different farms, and the results vary. This difference is similar to the difference in color results between henna powders. This particular indigo is best for resistant hair and grey hairs. We recommend this indigo for our clients wanting dark tones including black tones.
Quantity 100 grams
Fall Crop 2017
Veronica's recipe: She used 60/40 ratio of henna to indigo, with the henna mixed with very strong, cool black tea. Then after that she did two very strong glosses of mostly henna with a little bit of indigo.
I use indigo to cover my grey hair in a two step henna/indigo process. The indigo is very rich in color and I get a beautiful deep brown with highlights on my 50% grey hair.
This is my 2nd time using this product. I'm getting better at it & I love the results.
I love to do indigo after I use henna. My hair is so black and looks so healthy. I do this every 6 months. Next I will try the blue black look.
Very pleased with the color of my hair. It is super black and covered by grays to perfections following the henna treatment. Easy to follow instructions.
I mix this 30/70 with Moroccan henna to make my brown (and gray) hair auburn. Works really well.