Indigo Powder for Hair is a natural plant from India. Indigo is used along with henna to dye darker shades naturally.
Here are a selection of shades you can achieve using henna and indigo, below:
- reddish brown when using proportions of 75% henna and 25% indigo. This method is called a one step process.
- brown tones when using proportions of 50% indigo and 50% henna. This method is called a one step process.
- dark chocolate brown tones when using proportions of 75% indigo and 25% henna. This method is called a one step process.
- black tones when you use henna first at 100%, and then second step of indigo at 100%. This method is called a two step process.
- Optional, if you have VERY resistant greys, you can use 50/50 of henna and indigo to create a brown base and then follow up with indigo alone to get stubborn greys covered. This will result in dark brown or black on greys.*
Instructions and recipes can be downloaded via the Instructions tab.
Please note: this indigo differs from our organic indigo. They are from two different farms, and the results vary. This difference is similar to the difference in color results between henna powders. This particular indigo is best for resistant hair and grey hairs. We recommend this indigo for our clients wanting dark tones including black tones.
*Always patch test every herb against allergies by doing a patch test. Indigo must not be used alone. Henna is the base and without it, the indigo will leave your hair green tinted.
Quantity 100 grams
Fall Crop 2020
Note: We apologize for the printing company for our new pouches, made an error on the back of the pouches and didn't change the organic indigo wording. Please note it is indigo for hair but disregard the organic terms on the back. It is still mixed the same.
Veronica's recipe: She used 60/40 ratio of henna to indigo, with the henna mixed with very strong, cool black tea. Then after that she did two very strong glosses of mostly henna with a little bit of indigo.
DIY | Dye Gray Hair Black Naturally - Henna + Indigo Step By Step
** Henna + Indigo is a PERMANENT natural dye** A detailed, ste...
Indigo for Hair: How to Properly Mix Indigo from a Natural Hair Coloring Expert
Indigo is a natural Ayurvedic plant-based dye (vegan) that is ...
Henna & Indigo Natural Black Hair Dye on Naturally Curly Hair
Join our brand and the absolutely gorgeous and super dope sis,...
I was using a different brand but now that I have used this I am hooked. I will only get my products here. Fantastic.
Didn't cover the greys as I had hoped, will try again.
HS Reply: Thank you for your review! Let us know if you need any assistance. Please reach out to us for any additional tips.
this helps darken the orange color when I use henna
Love love love this indigo! I watched you on YouTube prior to purchasing your products. You are genuine in your commitment to quality products, educating the "henna community", all while always having a smile on your face. I (and I am sure I am not alone) truly appreciate you. Thank you!!!
This is my second time purchasing Indigo for Hair. After watching an instructional video on made by the owner of this company, I realized that I needed to add the indigo to my Red Raj in order to make a dark henna mix for part one of the two-step process. It worked beautifully! My red up were perfect coverage and the color was deep and rich. I will continue to purchase this product and the Red Raj to cover my grays.